R&D Workshop Technician
- VEKA plc
- Annual salary: 25.000 GBP
We are currently looking for a Workshop Technician to join our fast paced Technical team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the fabrication of prototype & development window frames, and will participate in weather performance and security testing.
Suitable applicants will have experience of fabricating PVCu window frames in a commercial environment. The ideal applicant will have a demonstrable history as a fabricator in the uPVC windows industry.
What you'll do
- Fabricate prototype and development window frames to required quality standards
- Report on product testing and make recommendations for appropriate alterations
- Participate in weather performance and security testing
- Organise and ensure safe storage of consumables (profile, hardware, glass etc)
- Assist in the safe disposal of test frames and associated products
- Ensure workshop and machinery is clean and well maintained
What you'll need
- Experience of PVCu window fabrication techniques including glazing, plastic welding, milling, drilling and hardware mounting
- Be technically minded, with a hands-on approach and good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, with the ability to liaise directly with customers & suppliers
- To operate in a responsible manner, adhering to all health & safety policies & procedures
- To live by our ACT values (https://vekauk.com/about-us/values)
What you'll get
- Starting salary of up to £25,000, dependant on experience.
- Working hours of 08:30-17:00 (Monday-Thursday), 08:30-14:30 (Friday)
- Westfield Health (healthcare cash plan)
- Pension (6% employer contribution)
- Annual profit share (uncapped)
- Discounted gym membership
- Free on-site parking
What we do
VEKA has been leading the global development of PVCu window systems for over 50 years, through design, innovation and customer focus. With factories in over 40 countries across Europe, Asia and America, VEKA is the world’s largest manufacturer of extruded PVCu products.
How we ACT
We have four fundamental values which are at the heart of everything we do. These are not just words, but the very essence of what we do and why we do it. These values – Appreciation, Courage & Ambition, Commitment, Trust & Responsibility – sit at the very core of everything we do, remaining ever-present in each facet of our organisation.