- VEKA plc
You will be responsible for modifying, repairing and generally maintaining extrusion tooling to ensure quality standards and outputs are maintained.
You will take pride in working on your own initiative and as part of a team, maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
What you'll do
- Manufacture, modify, repair and maintain extrusion tooling and associated equipment.
- Manufacture of prototype equipment and one-off tooling items.
- Milling, Turning, Grinding, Spark Erosion, Welding & Benchwork.
- Maintain all necessary records i.e. Tool Trials, Job Sheets etc.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained to the highest standards.
- Maintain all H&S and Environmental standards
What you'll need
- Ability to work a work a 4-shift system of 12 hour shifts: Days (6am-6pm) & Nights (6pm-6am)
- Time served apprenticeship
- Machining and benching skills
- Experience with plastics would be advantageous
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Enthusiasm with a passion to learn
- To live by our ACT Values
What you'll get
- Westfield Health (healthcare cash plan)
- Pension (6% employer contribution)
- Annual profit share (uncapped)
- Discounted gym membership
What we do
VEKA has been leading the global development of PVCu window systems for over 50 years, through design, innovation and customer focus. With factories in over 40 countries across Europe, Asia and America, VEKA is the world’s largest manufacturer of extruded PVCu products.
How we ACT
We have four fundamental values which are at the heart of everything we do. These are not just words, but the very essence of what we do and why we do it. These values – Appreciation, Courage & Ambition, Commitment, Trust & Responsibility – sit at the very core of everything we do, remaining ever-present in each facet of our organisation.